Alan Michael has released this statement today.
As you are aware due to shortage of space and overwhelming costs, we have been looking for alternative premises for some considerable time. Recently I sent a letter to David Sutherland, the well known Inverness business man asking for his assistance.
- On Wednesday 21 September along with Dave Henry I met David Sutherland. After an initial update on the Shed situation he offered to give us a site for FREE along from ASDA in the Culduthel area of Inverness.
- He stated that he owns the site and although it is designated for other purposes he does not anticipate any problem getting a change of use.
- He then stated that he would speak to other large building companies in Inverness and invite them to contribute materials/workforce etc to the building.
- He stated there would be plenty parking facilities as well as disabled access.
- He stated he had asked his architect to draw up provisional plans which he would send to me shortly.
- We accepted in principle this generous offer subject to planning approval etc. Although the site is not central, the area will be enhanced with the new west link road .
- Also there are two bus stops close to the site.
Where do we go from here?
At this moment I am waiting for a draft plan of the proposed building from David Sutherland’s architect. I will update you as and when.